Senior Sales Associate
Scope of Experience
Senior Sales Associate, NAI Mexico- Commercial Real Estate Offices- Tijuana Baja California .
Represents US and foreign corporations for Real Estate projects throughout Mexico, with emphasis in Baja California, Specializes in leasing and sales in Mexican industrial, office, and retail property markets. Provides value added assistance with Maquiladora establishment planning and permits. Coordinates with global firms’ project team to provide strategic planning, site selection and facilities consulting. Additionally supports OEM firms with industrial supplier migration to Mexico.
Also, Corporate Services Associate for NAI NAFTA- global corporate real estate services team dedicated to assisting corporate clients, worldwide.
Background & Experience
2005 – Present. NAI Mexico. Tijuana B.C.
2007- 2008. Tijuana Economic Council (CDT)
2002- 2005. M. V. Consultoria Industrial S.C. Tijuana B.C. Mexico. Industrial Consulting Firm.
- Site selection services.
- Real estates survey’s.
- Maquiladora industrial suppliers development services.
- Project develop manager
2001- First Semester. Finsa. Tijuana B.C. Mexico
1986-2001 Grupo Bustamante. Tijuana B.C. Mexico
Industrial Park Division Executive Director
- Responsible for the urban development for over 120 acres in industrial parks including introduction of public services i.e. water, sewage, electricity, telephone, construction of streets and avenues.
- Managed and coordinated the construction of over 2,000,000 sq. ft of industrial building.
- Promoted the lease and sale of industrial facilities for 30 different companies in industrial parks.
- Negotiated over 45 lease agreements.
- Coordinated the construction of 50 industrial buildings ranging from 11,000 to 250,000 sq. ft.
- Obtained and maintained all the government permits required to build and operate industrial park operations.
- Responsible for the administration of industrial parks.
- Developed, constructed and managed the 1st child care center in an industrial park in Tijuana. Recognized best child care center in Tijuana by IMSS in 1999.
- Tijuana International Industrial Park received award for Best Industrial Park from federal government in 1998.
2000-2003 Tijuana Economic Development Corporation (DEITAC) Tijuana, B.C., México
- Membership- 100 maquiladora related bussinesses in Tijuana.
- Attract industrial invesment for Tijuana.
- Promote the economic development in the region.
2003-2005 Tijuana Economic Development Corporation (DEITAC) Tijuana, B.C., México
Very Active Counselor
2003-2005 Tijuana Economic Council (CDT) Tijuana, B.C., México
Very Active Counselor
1980-1986 Secretaria de Economía ( Economic Secretariat) Tijuana B.C., Mexico
- Promoted the development of maquila industries in the region.
- Instrumental in assisting 200 companies move to and establish in Mexico.
Degree on Real State and Marketing in Tijuana-
Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, UABC. Tijuana, B.C.
Asociación de Profesionales Inmobiliarios de Tijuana, APIT
Degree on Urban Development and Applied Economics-
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon, UANL. Monterrey, N.L.
Economics, B.A. -
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon Monterrey, N.L..
Professional Associations & Designations
2003-Present Tijuana Economic Development Corporation (DEITAC)
2003-Present Tijuana Economic Council (CDT)
Tijuana, B.C., México
2000-2003 Tijuana Economic Development Corporation (DEITAC)
Tijuana, B.C., México
*Membership- 100 maquiladora related bussinesses in Tijuana.
Attracted industrial invesment for Tijuana. Promoted the economic
development in the region.
1980-1986 Federal Government Economic Secretariat
Tijuana B.C., México
*Promoted the development of maquila industries in the region.
Instrumental in assisting 200 companies move to and establish in
.Industrial Park Development:
Directed development, construction and leasing activity for two major industrial parks in Tijuana, B.C. Mexico.
Managed and completed infrastructure and services for 200 acres.
Built, leased or sold over 3 million square feet of Class A industrial projects in Tijuana from 1986 – 2000.
Created Tijuana International Industrial Park (TIP), and established as one of the premier Global Class A projects in Northern Mexico.
Miguel Velasco - PARTIAL LIST OF CLIENTS – MEXICO:
Name Product Home Country
Samsung Electronics TV Assemblyu Korea.
Smith Corona Contract Manufacturing U.S.
SAFT Rechargeable Batteries France
Kodak Copy Machine Repair U.S.
Kyocera Ceramic Base Semiconductors Japan
Plantronics Headsets U.S.
Vigobite Compact Disk U.S.
Crydom Power Supplies U.S.
SSD Plastics Plastic Injection Molding Korea
PM Industries Packaging Material U.S.
U.Lim TV Connectors Korea
Tyco Electronics Electronics U.S.
Smith Healthcare Medical Devices U.S.
NLP Furniture Furniture U.S.
Berthamex Product Fullfillment-Mailing U.S.
Legris Pneumatic Fixtures France
Benson Industries Windows U.S.
Eunsung Printing Korea
Green Integrated Logistics Logistic Services Korea
Progress Lighting Lighting Fixtures U.S.
Orbis Industries Electronics U.S.
Suntron ElectricHarnesses U.S.
Samsung Optical Cameras Korea
Brasstech Faucets U.S.
Aiotechno Metalic Japan
J Cox Foam Corea
Nipon Express Logistics Japan
U.Lim Conectors Corea
NLP Furniture Furnitures U.S.