Senior Vice Present
Scope of Experience
- Commercial Real Estate Senior Vice President, with twenty years’ experience, including investment and land sales and leasing.
- Expertise in the following areas:
- Negotiation, marketing, and cost/benefit analyses for retail and non-retail properties
- Project management/control/finance, interfacing with key corporate personnel
- Staff training and supervision
Background & Experience
3/2011 - Present NAI CAPITAL COMMERCIAL, INC., - ONTARIO, CA
Senior Vice Present – Represent Landlords in providing marketing and leasing services specializing in Big Box leasing and subleasing, and represent Tenants in the site selection and negotiation of leases
- Market Tenants’ and Landlords’ big box locations through analysis of the market for potential Tenants not in the area; meet with various City officials to obtain cooperation and additional information on the market; developing marketing plan and brochure identifying unique features of the site and market. Assist Tenants and Landlords with contingency resolution to expedite the opening of the store.
- Conduct Tenants’ market analysis including locations vs competition; identify specific trade areas, analyze demographics; identify possible relocations; prepare tour books and organize Tenants’ tours; generate LOIs and Exhibits; negotiate within Tenant-established parameters; and assist in preparing submittal for committee.
1/2008-3/2011 PRESENT VALUE PROPERTIES - TUSTIN, CA
Vice President – Represent Tenants in site selection and negotiation of leases and Landlords in providing marketing and leasing services specializing in Big Box leasing and subleasing.
7/2002 – 1/2008 SPERRY VAN NESS COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE ADVISORS, - ONTARIO, CA
Vice President – Represent major corporations in all aspects of site acquisition and the sale/leasing of surplus sites.
- Determine target markets based upon client expansion plans and demographics
- Determine current value and marketing strategies for the leasing and sale of major commercial properties
- Train new independent contractor sales staff in marketing and negotiation strategies and techniques
- Managed the acquisition and assemblage of land for three (3) Wal-Mart developments; identified sites based on corporate preferences; assembled properties utilizing comprehensive knowledge of the market.
- Affected a turnaround in the Arlington Plaza, Riverside, CA (150,000 sq. ft), from 95% vacant to 100% occupied in less than one year with rates above market.
- Established Quarterly Leasing Forums, which included all Inland Empire Brokers, with the goal of information exchange.
- Partner’s Circle 2007
- Recipient of four Performance Distinction Awards
4/1989 – 7/2002 GRUBB & ELLIS COMPANY, - ONTARIO, CA
Senior Specialist – Represented landlords and tenants for this nationwide real estate company specializing in investment sales, asset/property management, and leasing services.
- Develop marketing proposals, including leasing strategies, tenant mix, marketing activities, and comparable property rental rates
- Determined current value and marketing tools for the lease or sale of surplus 99¢ Only and Von’s Grocery properties.
- Located pharmacies for Kaiser Permanente: identified appropriate sites, analyzed size, rates, visibility, and access; developed Letters of Intent and negotiated leases
- Listed, marketed, and subleased five Von’s surplus properties.
- Exclusive K-mart Broker Surplus Properties, Inland Empire.
- Negotiated and leased 117,000 sq. ft. building to the County of Riverside: coordinated contractor and architects’ interface for tenant improvement schedule and completion.
- #1 Retail Advisor Inland Empire, 2000
- Consistently in the Company’s top 20% retail brokers.
- Recipient of 12 Performance Distinction Awards.
Master of Business Administration UCLA ANDERSON SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Bachelor of Administration UCLA
Professional Associations & Designations
International Council of Shopping Centers; Association of Commercial Real Estate Executives.
CREW-IE, Board Member, Special Events Chair
WESCOM Credit Union, Board of Directors, Member-At-Large