Commercial Property Specialist
243 E. St. George Blvd Suite 200
St. George, Utah 84770
T +1 435 627 5724
Scope of Service Experience
Roger joined the NAI team September 2009 and brings with him his vast experience, expertise and knowledge to NAI utah Southern Region. He specializes in land and commercial property in the Washington County, Utah area.
Background & Experience
Roger came from Northern Utah and is a graduate of Utah State University with a degree in Finance and minors in math, economics and Spanish. He was a captain in the United States Air Force, serving six years working as an instructor pilot training new pilots and was awarded numerous honors and commendations. He spent three of his six years in training Vietnamese students. Following the Air Force he worked as an Account Executive for IBM in the office products division earning Rookie Salesman of the Year and achieved 100 percent of quota each year. He was a pilot for Braniff International Airlines until their demise, and then was recruited to work for Murdock Travel as a sales executive. He was promoted to Vice President of Sales and Marketing where he supervised and directed the commercial, leisure, tour and incentive travel and managed over 200 employees. He was instrumental in heightening sales from $41 million to $100 million through sales of new commercial accounts and acquisitions.
Roger worked for Woodside Homes in Northern Utah for over ten years, selling new homes and earning the Top Salesman Award nine out of ten years in the Utah division. He coordinated with superintendents the building of 60 to100 homes a year. He sold over 75 million dollars in home sales. He trained sales persons on home sales techniques and financial skills. He was involved in presentations to city governments to develop, plan and obtain permits for home construction and land development. He served as president and CEO of Sun Hill Homes for three years with direct responsibility for construction, development, sales, designers and support staff. He sold and leased commercial properties with Coldwell Banker Commercial KGA.
Roger is a graduate of Leadership Utah in Salt Lake City and Leadership Dixie. He is a past president of the National Kidney Foundation of Utah and has served on the board of directors for fifteen years. He served on the Sales and Marketing Committee for the Southern Utah Homebuilders Association and is a member of the St. George Area Chamber of Commerce
Roger is an avid sportsman and has run twice in the St. George Marathon and in the Top of Utah Marathon. He especially enjoys his family and likes to travel, play golf, water and snow ski.
• BS, 1969, Utah State University, Major in finance, Minors: Economics, Mathematics, and Spanish
• Member, Pi Kappa Alpha
• Completed one year toward MBA through Utah State University
• Completed Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) requirements, 1984
• Licensed Real Estate Broker for State of Utah
Professional Associations & Designations
• Member National Association of Realtors and Utah Association of Realtors
• Member of Washington County Board of Realtors
• Selected for Leadership Dixie, a one-year course—Saint George Area Chamber of Commerce
• Served on Sales and Marketing Committee for Southern Utah Homebuilders Association
• Member Saint George Area Chamber of Commerce
• Member, Board of Directors, Travel Trust International, Selected from 60 major travel agencies
• Member, Travel Advisory Board, Alamo Car Rental
• Advisor to the Executive Committee Board of Directors, Murdock Travel, 1987-1991
• Selected for Leadership Utah, a one-year course—Salt Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
• President, National Kidney Foundation of Utah. Have served on board for 15 years
• Board member, Utah Symphony Executive Night at the Pops”, 1989
• Aviation Committee, Ogden Area Chamber of Commerce, 1988-1989
• State Delegate for the Republican Party from Ogden, 1981
• Served as LDS Bishop twice, high councilor