Specialties: Industrial, Investment
Scope of Service Experience
Industrial/Flex Sales and Leasing Specialist.
Background & Experience
Scott Mertz, President of NAI Mertz Corporation, has firmly established himself as one of New Jersey’s top commercial and industrial real estate brokers, and has been globally recognized as a top producing broker. Scott specializes in the sale and lease of industrial and flex properties, as well as land parcels, throughout central and southern New Jersey and the greater Philadelphia area. He has over 15 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
In 2014, Scott was recognized as NAI Global’s Top Producer Worldwide for handling the highest volume of multimarket business within the NAI network of over 6,700 real estate professionals. He followed that up with a Top 10 finish among NAI Global’s Top Producers in 2015. Scott was named was named a Top Industrial Leasing Broker in NJ by Real Estate Forum in both 2013 and 2014.
Since his career began at NAI Mertz in 2001, Scott has leased and sold over 18 million square feet of space, totaling over $500,000,000 in more than 900 transactions.
Scott has completed deals with some of the nation’s most distinguished property owners and developers including First Industrial Realty Trust, Liberty Property Trust, Prologis, Colony Capital Partners, and Covington Group, Inc.
In addition, he has represented a myriad of prestigious tenants including A.C Moore, Tasty Baking Company, Sears, Standard Register, Airgas, Forman Mills, and Habitat for Humanity.
Scott holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Towson University in Maryland, and is a licensed sales person in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida. He also earned the prestigious Society of Industrial and Office Realtor (SIOR) certification, and the NAI Global Industrial Council.
• 2015 named a Top 10 NAI Global Top Producer
• 2014 named “40 Under 40” in SNJ Business People
• 2014 named NAI Global Top Producer (Ranked #1 globally for commissions generated)
• 2014 named Top Five Leasing Broker in New Jersey by Real Estate Forum Magazine
• 2013 named Top Five Industrial Leasing Broker in New Jersey by Real Estate Forum Magazine
• 2012 named one of South Jersey Biz’s “Executives of the Year”
• 2011 named “20 Under 40” in South Jersey Biz
• 2009 named to “NAI Global Elite” as a Top Producer, a group comprised of NAI Global’s top performers and top producers
• 2009 Received Costar Power Broker Award for “Top Industrial Leasing Brokers” by Costar Group
• 2008 Named “Top Investment Sales Broker for Hart Group International”
• 2008 Named “40 Under 40” in Real Estate New Jersey Magazine
• 2007 Named “Broker All-Star” in Real Estate New Jersey Magazine
• 2004 Named “Power Broker” by the Costar Group
• 2003 Named “Top Gun Realtor Under Age 35” by Black’s Guide
• 2003 Named one of “Top 10 Brokers” by NJ/PA Real Estate Journal
• Towson University, B.S. in Business Administration
Professional Associations & Designations
• Licensed Real Estate Broker, New Jersey, Pennylvania, and Florida
• Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
• Industrial & Office Real Estate Brokers Association (IOREBA)
• Member, Northeast PA Manufacturers & Employers Association
• Member, NAI Industrial Council