Scope of Service Experience
Net Leased Retail and Industrial Office
Background & Experience
James Kilpatrick is President of NAI Northern California, and has built investment sales, leasing, mortgage banking, property management, and receivership teams, in all major product types in the San Francisco bay area. He continues to oversee the strategic expansion and technology platforms of NAI Northern California, as well as assisting with large client accounts. Mr. Kilpatrick has received numerous brokerage industry achievement awards including the San Francisco business times list of 40 under 40 entrepreneurs to watch.
Mr. Kilpatrick is a San Francisco Bay Area native and has held various Director and President level positions in real estate industry groups. He has extensive experience consulting as an expert in litigation, in mediations, for technology startups and for local and regional news. He also owns and runs a diverse portfolio of real estate assets.
Mr. Kilpatrick graduated from UC Berkeley in Economics, and received his MBA from Wharton where he chaired the Entrepreneurship club and hosted Tom Perkins, Glenn Kelman and other visionaries. He boxed and wrestled at UC Berkeley, received a 3rd place bronze medal at the Jiujitsu US Open, and enjoys tennis, volunteering, rock climbing, and the other perks of living in sunny San Francisco.
Undergraduate Degree in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley
Continuing education coursework includes: Trust Funds, Estate Planning, Accounting Principles, Asset Management, Receivership, Advanced 1031 Strategies, Tax Planning, Cost Segregation, Sustainability, Internet Marketing and Technology in Real Estate.
Professional Associations & Designations
• REACH (Founding director of the non-profit that helps athletes transition into real estate careers)
• Berkeley Property Owners Association (BPOA)
• RHA (Rental Housing Association of northern Alameda county)
• Rental Housing Owners Group (RHO)
• Investment Marketing Forum (IMF)
• Northern California Regional Investment Forum
• Investment Property Marketing Group (PMG)
• Rebuilding Oakland (Leader and team captain for an organization which helps rehabilitate homes for the elderly and disabled)