Executive Vice President - Birmingham
Tenant relations, property management, leasing and sales of all types of commercial properties.
Scope of Service Experience
Specialties: Randy provides leadership and management within the NAI Chase Commercial Birmingham market by providing continuous evaluations of short- and long-term strategic objectives. Randy specializes in Tenant relations, property management, leasing and sales of all types of commercial properties.
Background & Experience
Randy is a former NCAA Division I collegiate wrestler and a graduate of Western Illinois University receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business. He is a former United States Federal Agent and later employed in the U.S. Government’s defense industry.
Randy began his commercial real estate career in 1996, specializing in Landlord and Tenant representation as it pertained to commercial office property leasing. He was a former member of the NAI Brokerage Team in the late 90’s.
In 1999, he joined Colonial Properties Trust (CLP), a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) which was valued at over 5 billion dollars in commercial property assets throughout the southeastern United States. Randy maintained a successful brokerage career for over 15 years, representing CLP’s office properties located in Alabama. Additionally, while at CLP, he was contracted by several large commercial real estate holding institutions to provide brokerage services for their Alabama property assets as managed by GE Capital, Berkadia and private investment funds.
In 2012, when CLP sold off all owned commercial assets and dissolved their REIT, Randy joined Colliers International, Alabama where he continued his career in providing various aspects of commercial brokerage services maintaining a level of production as one of Colliers top performers.
Early in 2017, Mr. Thomas returned to NAI Chase Commercial Realty, Inc. where he accepted his current role as their Senior Vice President, managing the Brokerage Production Team. In August of 2019 Randy accepted a position with Ponder Properties as a Partner/Broker in Birmingham. In August of 2020, Randy spearheaded a merger between Ponder and NAI Chase Commercial, making the Chase Ponder merger, under the NAI platform, one of the largest commercial real estate firms in the Birmingham market.
- Western Illinois University- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Department of Defense (DOD) Special Agents Training, Quantico, VA
- John E Reid College- Degreed in Detection of Deception
- Alabama Real Estate Licensed 1996
- Concourse 100 & 800, Birmingham, AL - 200,000 SF office building complex
- Beacon Ridge Parkway, Birmingham, AL - 154,000 SF office building
- Oxmoor Center, Oxmoor Commons, Republic Center, Snow Drive, Birmingham, AL- 300,000 SF office/industrial portfolio
- Center Point Shopping Center -150,000 SF retail center
- Boeing Corporate Center, Huntsville, AL - 110,000 SF office building
- AT&T, Alabama - 30,000 SF (3 building portfolio)
- Ram Tool and Toyota Lifts, Huntsville, AL -30,000 SF (2 building portfolio)
- Lockheed Martin R&D Facility, North, AL - 30,000 SF R&D building
- The Tower, Birmingham, AL - 60,000 SF office building
- Grand Twin Towers, Birmingham, AL - 90,000 SF office portfolio
- American Express Financial Services
- Semiconductor Boeing Aerospace
- Chrysler Corporation
- GE Aviation
- Corporation GE Capital
- Georgia Tech
- Northrup Grumman
- Lidos Corp.