Executive Vice President, Asset and Property Management
Scope of Service Experience
- NAI Puget Sound Properties (2020 - present)
- Brighton Jones (2018 - 2020)
- Barclay’s Realty & Management Company (2009 - 2018)
- Tamaris Properties (2000 - present)
Background & Experience
Derek has been an asset manager, property manager, licensed broker, investor, syndicator, and real estate educator for over 20 years. After graduating with an Accounting Degree from Central Washington University in 1989, Derek started his career with Deloitte & Touche as a Tax Accountant in their Guam office, providing tax strategies for real estate development and holding companies, as well as high net worth individuals throughout the South Pacific and Pacific Rim. During his tenure with Deloitte, he worked closely with the various real estate ownership groups and their asset, property, and construction management teams. It was during his many interactions with the owners and team members that he realized he wanted to move his career to become a real estate professional and assist in the stewardship of his client’s real estate investments.
Over the years, Derek has provided professional services (asset management, property management, construction management, portfolio development, tax strategies, capital raising, acquisition and disposition, and leasing) to over $3 billion worth of real estate investments. These investments include standalone retail, retail centers, shopping malls, office buildings, apartment complexes, senior living facilities, commercial condominiums, and industrial parks.
Derek and his wife Cheryl have lived in Sammamish for over 20 years, where they are raising their two daughters, Tatum and Marissa. Derek and Cheryl grew up in military families and spent many years living overseas, which ultimately gave them the curiosity to travel. Derek enjoys family trips to anywhere and outdoor sports.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Central Washington University
- Master of Science in Real Estate, Georgetown University
Professional Associations & Designations
- CBA – Commercial Broker Association
- WSCAR – Washington State Commercial Association of Realtors
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member
- WSCPA – Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants