Background & Experience
Managing Broker 2015-currently
Real Property Investors, L.L.C. 2011-2014
Senior Vice President
• In charge of the Acquisition of Value Add Real Estate in the $2,000,000-$50,000,000 value range.
• Discovered 25 properties that met the investor’s challenging criteria within the first year.
• Created a Proforma to analyze all new real estate projects.
BENAROYA COMPANIES 2005-2011
Director of Leasing
• Responsible for leasing Benaroya’s entire real estate portfolio exceeding 2,000,000 square feet in 25 buildings.
• Increased occupancy to 100% at The Market Place, a shopping center totaling 155,000 square feet adjacent to the Seattle Center.
• Achieved a 97% retention rate by renewing 49 of 51 wholesale tenants at Pacific Market Center, whose leases all expired on the same day.
• Sold 5 two story office buildings at above market value in a down economy at Everett Park Place.
• Successfully leased up 21,000 square foot vacant space at I-90 South Office Park producing a 97% occupancy level in an office market with only 85% occupancy rate.
KIDDER MATHEWS COMPANY 2001-2005
• Produced a substantial return (14%) on landlord’s equity by selling a 95,000 square foot building to Reeb Millwork Company.
• Generated significant leasing commissions by renewing Lile Moving and Storage lease in their 115,000 square foot space.
• Conducted extensive business development functions which included high volume cold calling and appointment setting, to generate qualified leads and expand sales pipeline.
TRAMMELL CROW COMPANY 1984-2001
Vice President, 1998-2001
• Increased occupancy in 3,000,000 square foot industrial park by developing pioneering marketing approach: the creation of “Model Office” to show what a future office could look like.
• Effectively increased occupancy from 82% to 96% within a six-month time frame.
• Multiple “Top Producer Awards”, Biggest Lease Transaction for the year in the entire country.
• “Million Square Feet Leased” in a single calendar year; rewarded with a trip to Disneyland.
Senior Associate, 1992-1998
• Satisfied unique requirements for space criteria and layout, and location needs for Alan Ritchey Company, a national mail handling company. This produced a 254,000 square foot, ten-year lease, generating over $200,000 in leasing commissions.
• Successfully renewed a 300,000 square foot tenant, utilized negotiating, listening, and closing skills, for Unisource Corporation; maintained high occupancy within park.
JACK A. BENAROYA COMPANY 1981-1984
• Brought 1,500,000 square foot industrial park from 78% occupancy level to 100%, increasing cash flow to company.
B.A., Business Administration, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Professional Associations & Designations
LICENSES AND EDUCATION
Washington Real Estate Broker’s License
SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)