Specialties: Advisory / Consulting, Buyer Representation, Development, Financing, Industrial, Land, Landlord Representation, Office, Tenant Representation
Scope of Service Experience
With over 40 years experience, Jim Ross has become one of Harrisburg's most skilled negotiators. His expertise, though well versed in both sale and lease transactions, is in the language and knowledge of complicated leases, financing packages and investment analysis. He is also sought after for his knowledge and experience with zoning and land development.
In 2014, according to the Central PA Business Journal, he negotiated the largest lease by SF in Greater Harrisburg, PA-147,500 SF of warehouse space at 3500 Industrial Road, Harrisburg.
Background & Experience
Associate Broker affiliated with NAI CIR since 1977, Jim Ross has been in real estate brokerage since 1971. Jim has gained extensive knowledge of zoning and land development from both his long experience with real estate investors and a government perspective of zoning and land development as a past elected Susquehanna Township Commissioner. Possessing the knowledge and understanding from both sides of the transaction, he provides an unsurpassed service to his clients. He is known for his integrity, work ethic and dedication to this industry. Jim also serves on the Board of Directors of General Trade Corporation, a basic resource material handling company based in Braddock, PA (suburban Pittsburgh) and as Senior Managing Director of Gulf Trading & Transport, LLC. He is also a former Adjunct Professor of Real Estate-Harrisburg Area Community College.
Jim Ross has also enhanced his value by serving the community, contributing his time and energy to many charitable organizations. Though too many to mention them all, currently he dedicates his time to:
-Cumberland County Planning Commission, Member
-Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS Professional Standards Committee, Government Affairs Committee and GHAR Ombudsman
-Ashler, Inc. - nonprofit supportive organization to Families United Network, Inc.-Co-founder, Board Member and Vice Chairman
-Gaudenzia DELTA Community-Chairman of Advisory Board
Some former volunteer nonprofit activies include:
- Families United Network, Inc. (Co-founder, former Chairman for 10 years and former Board Member) a nonprofit state-wide foster care agency that also offers a residential treatment center for teenage children and adoption services.
-DELTA Community, Inc. (Co-founder, first President and Board Member) A local nonprofit transitional housing and life skills management program for single parent homeless families)
- Central PA Friends of Jazz, Life Member, former Vice President and Board Member
- University of Pittsburgh Alumni Association Life Member and Member-1787 Society
- West Shore Chamber of Commerce, former Vice President and Board Member
University of Pittsburgh, BA Political Science, Economics
Graduate level governmental finance courses
Professional Associations & Designations
- NAI Global Top Producer Award in Secondary Markets (2006)
- Member of NAI Global Industrial, Investment and Office Councils
- Graduate, REALTORS Institute (GRI)
- Licensed PA property and casualty insurance producer
- International Factoring Institute Graduate (CFS)
- Involved with numerous local chambers and economic and developmental organizations, NAR, PAR and Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS. In 2010 he received the Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS Professional Merit Award. In 2012 he achieved REALTOR Emeritus status for membership in NAR, PAR and GHAR for over 40 years.