Specialties: Hospitality, Investment
Scope of Service Experience
August is an investment advisor, mainly focusing on Hospitality
and other Commercial Properties
, such as offices and retail
- Acquisition and Disposition
- Institutional, Equity and Private investment
Background & Experience
August’s career in the real estate industry started in CRE fund management for institutional investors in Europe.
- From 1993 to 2000 he was involved in fund management of over $5 billion as an investment analyst with Dutch pension fund PGGM and with German bank Sal. Oppenheim (OIK).
- From 2000 to 2007 August worked in several senior advisory positions (BCI and AOS-Studley) providing management, real estate and economic consultancy services to corporations, investors and developers in regions and cities across Europe.
- From 2007 to 2012 he was course manager/lecturer on Corporate Real Estate Management at NHTV University’s Academy of Hotel & Facility Management.
- After moving from the Netherlands to Knoxville, TN (2014) he started working with Sperry van Ness|R.M.Moore as an advisor in 2015.
- In 2017 August joined NAI, specializing in Hospitality and Investment Brokerage (office & retail).
Over 20 years of experience includes advising ING, Philips Electronics, ABN AMRO, Euroclear, DuPont, Region of Flanders, Yamaha, RDA Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hewlett-Packard, Royal Shell, University of Tilburg, City of Frankfurt and Liz Claiborne/Mexx.
August earned his Masters degree in Urban Planning
from Radboud University Nijmegen
and he specialized in Real Estate Finance
at University of Amsterdam
, both In The Netherlands.
In 2016 he received his Cornell University
certificate for Hotel Real Estate Investment & Asset Management
Professional Associations & Designations
- NAR National Association of REALTORS
- TAR Tennessee Association of REALTORS
- KAAR Knoxville Area Association of REALTORS
- Knoxville Hospitality Association